Are you passionate about evangelism and about proclaiming the gospel?
Are you thrilled at the opportunity to build community and mobilize believers to introduce people to Jesus Christ?
Do you want to invest your time and your career into helping build God’s Kingdom in partnership with the local church?
If you answered yes to these questions - we are looking for YOU.
The Regional Manager (RM) is responsible to provide leadership to the operational aspects of the ministry within their region, with the goal of and accountability for achieving the annual goals and objectives with the support of the Area Leadership Team. The RM works to develop and support the implementation and achievement of strategic and operational plans, goals and priorities for the Districts and Chapters within their Region.
The RM’s main objectives are to grow and strengthen the Gideon ministry, its membership and impact with local communities, churches, and partners, working alongside the Area Leadership Team to collaboratively facilitate the engagement of members in carrying out the ministry by providing coaching, technical assistance and personal involvement to members within the Area.
The Gideons International In Canada (TGIC) is an organization of vibrant, passionate men and women who seek to encourage and equip believers and churches to reach their communities and the world with the gospel through the sharing of God’s Word. Established in 1911, the 105-year old ministry has rapidly transformed itself for growth and global impact.
TGIC continues to create innovative ways of reaching more people with the gospel, using tools like the NewLife app (newlife.bible), creating Scripture magazines like Hope, Light and Redemption, and launching a youth arm called SendMe (sendme.ca). In August 2015, TGIC launched their international brand, ShareWord Global. ShareWord Global serves as the ministry’s international arm, extending the ministry’s passion to reach the lost all over the world.
Revenues: $10 Million
Reports to: Director of Domestic Engagement
• Implement, initiate and execute Operational and Strategic Plans for the achievement of Annual Ministry Targets.
• Build a collaborative working relationship with the Area Leadership Team, working together to monitor ministry progress and to jointly support the Area focus and priorities, with the accountability of ensuring at annual goals and objectives are achieved.
• Support the members in their region and engage them with resources to achieve annual targets in four key areas of ministry: member recruitment, fundraising, church relations and Scripture Distribution.
• Lead in the development of the member training events and initiatives, ensuring the agenda and content reflects the direction of the national objectives of the ministry.
• Resource and train members in the recruitment of new members, while remaining actively engaged in personally recruiting of members. Host recruitment events and generate recruitment initiatives alongside members in the regional area.
• Provide mentorship to leaders within the region, cultivating potential leaders for service within Chapter, Area and National leadership roles
• Fundraising: assist and resource members in organizing fundraising events to meet annual fundraising targets for the region. Speak at events as requested/required.
• Church Relations: develop partnerships with local churches and pastors. Speak in churches on behalf of the Gideon ministry
• Scripture Distribution: provide training on and promote domestic and international Scripture distribution programs to members.
• Possess the necessary leadership, visionary, and management skills necessary to maintain the growth, integrity, viability, and welfare of the ministry.
• Execute ministry objectives in a timely manner and deliver the achieved results.
• Possess the necessary communication skills to dynamically articulate the vision of the association as well as motivate and inspire others to participate.
• Possess the necessary highly developed interpersonal and relational skills to serve as part of a variety of teams, motivating each other towards common goals and mission, to interact and relate to the membership, and to foster relationships with outside associations and various contacts.
• Possess the necessary management skills in order to maintain accountabilities, process information, make decisions, organize workload, resolve conflicts, delegate responsibilities, and solve problems.
• Possess the necessary professional skills to promote the ministry at a high level to both the membership and Christian public.
Education & Experience
• Proven abilities as a leader, demonstrated through the management of people, projects, programs and the development and launching of new initiatives.
• Strong planning, budgeting, and resource management skills with experience in building Strategic and Operational plans for the achievement of organizational objectives.
• Personable, friendly and supporter-centric, with the ability to build teams and develop relationships with members, supporters, and partners.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently, with a minimum level of supervision.
• Able to communicate effectively and engagingly, with the goal of promoting the ministry and it’s objectives to engaged and potential members, supporters and partners.
• Works cooperatively and effectively with others to enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Knowledge of ministry or non-profit sector is an asset.
The Gideons International In Canada is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of The Gideons. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
Location: Northern Ontario & Manitoba
To apply, email email@example.com with resume and a cover letter.